I can't believe it's been almost a year since my last real post. That's the kind of year it was. We joined a co-op for highschoolers that kept us going at quite a pace. Steph really got a lot out of it. There were about 9 boys (Steph was the only girl) that met twice a week. The moms all took turns teaching. The classes included 19th century history, geography, literature, vocabulary, writing, and speach. It was a good experience, but I'm still trying to decided if we'll do it again this year...
God is really moving among us. The Lord seems to be drawing all of us to a closer walk with Him. I am so grateful that my kids are seeking the Lord in their own ways. With the support of our family, church family and friends, they are growing in grace, day by day. God is so faithful!
I'm really trying to focus on each day, and not look too far ahead. Steph is already counting the days until graduation (734 or something like that!) and she will be taking driver's ed. next month. It makes me mindful of how short our time is with our kids. Am I really spending every day the way I want to with them? Did I worry more about the chores being done or every workbook page finished than making sure they knew they were loved and appreciated?
Summer is a good time for me to slow down and make every day count. Yes, I'm still working on my summer project list (closets, bookshelves, and cabinets thinned out). But at the end of every day, I want to be able to say, "That was a day well spent." How will I know? Well, did I sit and read with Andrew? Did I take the time to straighten Rachael's hair? Did I sit down with Rebecca and watch her work on her painting or beading project? Did I talk with Steph about the book she's reading or the day she spent with her friends? A day well spent will be a day that memories were made, hugs were given and Jesus' love was shared together.
I love you all! Go have a well-spent day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment